LOOKING AHEAD TO 2017
Dec 31, 2016
A quick newsletter to wish everyone all the very best for 2017 and to thank all my owners for their support during the year.
The year of 2016 won't go down as one of JWR's best but all stables have their peaks and troughs and I am working hard to get the stable back into the top echelon in 2017 and beyond.
We moved on a large number of horses this year which had reached their mark here in Victoria. Whilst it's never easy having a clean out, we can now concentrate on our city class horses and develop our large group of young horses.
We have over 30 unraced horses in the stable (2yo's and 3yo's) so there is plenty to look forward to in 2017.
MY NEW YEARS WISH LIST
1. Stable stalwarts DANGER and SANG CHOI BAO return winners
2. The talented AEROPLANE takes off in the Autumn
3. Comeback horse ALLANO wins the Brisbane Cup
4. Our sleek Excelebration filly salutes in the Inglis Classic Race.
5. One of our blueblood fillies wins the Thousand Guineas (in no particular order - Stratum x Vivacious Spirit, Street Cry x Tellora, Pins x Flowerdrum, Redoute's Choice x Show Stealer or the Snitzel x Rough Chance).
6. Our two big striding Domesday 2yo's line up in the VRC Derby
7. Our Ready to Run boys (Ilovethiscity, All American and Sepoy) fill the big shoes left behind by PURITAN.
8. Our staying fillies go wooshka in Adelaide (Savaland, Sequoia Lady and Sagacious Savant).
9. Teddy starts the year with a bang tomorrow!
VIOLENT SNOW DOES IT AGAIN
VIOLENT SNOW has become the iron mare of the stable. She notched up her second metro win of the campaign with another gusty win at Caulfield on Boxing Day.
She is as tough as nails. We had a good tough campaigner a few years ago called Loot N Run and she reminds me very much of him. They both thrive on work and racing and give 100% every time they step out.
She now takes her earnings to $135,000. Not bad for a homebred by a little known sire called Volitant. Well done to her owners - Rod and Alison Bradshaw, Ross and Jacinta Bradshaw and Will McTaggart.
To read full story - click here
TEDDY'S NEW YEARS DAY MISSION
The year will begin with a bang if Teddy can nail a victory in tomorrow's Listed $125,000 Bagot Handicap (2800m).
Craig Newitt called me numerous times during the week pushing us to run Teddy in the race so we'll owe Froggy a sling if he gets the chocolates.
He meets Lord Van Percy (the favourite) 4kg better off for a 3L defeat last start. If we can ride him more patiently tomorrow, I think he can turn the tables on the favourite. Any rain would help!
Good luck Teddy!
LOOKING FOR A QUICK START TO 2017?
Our SEPOY x START PACKING ready to run colt looks like a real jet and is already 2 weeks into this first preparation here at Denistoun Park. He looks a ready made horse and I expect him to make his debut early in the New Year.
10% shares are $7,400 + GST or 5% shares are $3,700 + GST.
Price includes flight to Australia, sales x-rays, sales scope and sale costs (each owner will be charged normal spelling and training costs from arrival in Australia on 23 November 2016).
VIDEO: Click on the image below to watch video: